World Event Center acknowledges…
the land we stand on is in the traditional territories of
that are governed by the Williams Treaty of 1923.
We also acknowledge the hard work and sacrifices of those brought here against their will, as a result of the transatlantic slave trade.
We are dedicated to…
- celebrating the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on September 30th
- reading this land acknowledgement at the beginning of our events
- pronouncing the words correctly (see below)
- learning more about Canada’s untold history
- considering what actions we can take, and
- leading with integrity
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”