FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I get on stage?
There are two methods to get on stage, depending on how your event has been set up:
- Speakers can be invited to the stage in advance by email. For this to work, the speaker must accept the email invitation and when called to the stage, click on the camera and microphone buttons at bottom of the stage to appear, and click these buttons off to disappear.
- Speakers can be invited to the stage manually by the event manager. For this option, speakers are prompted with two buttons. One that allows them to “Join stage with video” and one that allows them to “Join stage without video”.
How do I get off stage?
When speakers are ready to leave stage, they simply turn off their camera and mic.
Can I Share My Presentation?
- Open your presentation in slideshow mode
- Press ALT + tab and select the World Event Center window
- Press the ‘Present’ button in the bottom menu toolbar to start Presentation Mode
- Select ‘Share Screen’ from your bottom menu toolbar
- Select the tab labeled, ‘Application Window’, and a list of windows that are currently open should appear.
- Select your Presentation and click the ‘Share’ button on the bottom right of the window.
- Your guests will now be able to see your presentation in full screen.
Important Note: You will not see your Presentation and chat/Q&A while you are talking unless you do one of the following:
- Switch back and forth between the two applications by clicking ALT + tab
- Reduce size of both applications so they appear on your monitor
- Drag one of the applications onto another monitor
- Click here for more
Can I share my video?
Yes, you can share any youtube video that is shared as “public” or “unlisted” and set to allow “embedding”. To share your video, click on the three dots at bottom of your screen, select share video, and then clicking on the checkbox.
Can I share my screen?
Yes, you can share your screen by clicking on the share screen icon at the bottom of your screen. It’s recommended that as you are sharing, you also explain how guests can enlarge the shared screen (icon top right of the shared window) and then how to shrink it again (icon at top right of the shared screen or back to floor map).
Is there a white board?
Yes, you can share and use your whiteboard by clicking on the icon at the bottom of your screen.
How can I engage the audience?
- CHAT— Ask guests to introduce them in the CHAT, and explain how they can chat publically, to people at their table or individuals.
- Q&A — Ask guests to type something in Q&A that they’d like to leave knowing, and to upvote those items entered that interest them, and explain that when Q&A starts, you’ll go there to answer most popular items.
- RAISING HANDS — Asking your guests to raise their hands is a great way to engage them. You have the capability of lowering all hands also.