Speaker/Presenter Guide to the
World Event Center
Welcome to World Event Center — a virtual event venue that connects people in the most interactive way possible online, while you grow your revenue.
How Can I Prepare?
Although World Event Center is very intuitive, we encourage you review our User Guide which shares system requirements, how to test and troubleshoot the system you will be using in the location you will be using it in advance to ensure your system compliant, your internet speed and best practices.
We also encourage you to hop on one of our weekly demonstrations to experience this highly interactive platform first hand. We will walk you through how the platform works, how to share your screen, optimize your avatar and other virtual tools you can use to engage and learn more about the audience you are presenting to.
On the day of the event, we suggest you do the following:
- UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM AND ALL SOFTWARE — at least four (4) hours before your event
- HARD-WIRE your internet if you can
- HEADPHONES are recommended but optional
- REBOOT your computer
- TEST YOUR SYSTEM and call 1-800-579-9253 if you experience any problems the built-in troubleshooter does not resolve.
- CLOSE ALL TABS you’re not using and anything else that might be using your internet
How do I get on stage?
There are two methods to get on stage, depending on how your event has been set up:
- Speakers can be invited to stage in advance by email. For this to work, the speaker must accept the email invitation and when called to stage, click on the camera and microphone buttons at bottom of stage to appear, and click these buttons off to dissappear.
- Speakers can be invited to stage manually by the evewnt manager. For this option, speakers are prompted with two buttons. One that allows them to “Join stage with video” and one that allows them to “Join stage without video”.
How do I get off stage?
When speakers are ready to leave stage, they simply turn off their camera and mic.
Can I Share My Presentation?
You are free to attend one of our weekly demonstrations to try this out but World Event Center makes it easy for you to share your presentation. Here are step-by-step instructions:
- Open your presentation in slideshow mode
- Press ALT + tab and select the World Event Center window
- Press the ‘Present’ button in the bottom menu toolbar to start Presentation Mode
- Select ‘Share Screen’ from your bottom menu toolbar
- Select the tab labeled, ‘Application Window’, and a list of windows that are currently open should appear.
- Select your Presentation and click the ‘Share’ button on the bottom right of the window.
- Your guests will now be able to see your presentation in full screen.
Important Note: You will not see your Presentation and chat/Q&A while you are talking unless you do one of the following:
- Switch back and forth between the two applications by clicking ALT + tab
- Reduce size of both applications so they appear on your monitor
- Drag one of the applications onto another monitor
Can I share my video?
Yes, you can share any youtube video, by clicking on the three dots at bottom of your screen, selecting share video, and then clicking on the checkbox.
Can I share my screen?
Yes, you can share your screen by clicking on the share screen icon at the bottom of your screen. It’s recommended that as you are sharing, you also explain how guests can enlarge the shared screen (icon top right of the shared window) and then how to shrink it again (icon at top right of the shared screen or back to floor map).
Is there a white board?
Yes, you can share and use your whiteboard by clicking on the icon at the bottom of your screen.
AVATARS: Your digital business card
Your avatar is your digital business card on World Event Center and when optimized adds amazing value to digital networking as it allows other guests to:
- See where you are sitting on the floor
- Learn who you are and what you do
- Link to your website and social media
- Send you private chat message
- Book a meeting with you.
To optimize your profile, click on the circle you’ll find in the top right hand corner of any World Event Center event with your initial in in (or your profile picture if you’ve already uploaded it). Click on “Edit My Profile” and follow the prompts to fill in all the blanks and upload your photo. Be sure to click ‘save’ and this information will there every time you network with us.
How can I engage the audience?
- CHAT— Ask guests to introduce them in the CHAT, and explain how they can chat publically, to people at their table or individuals.
- Q&A — Ask guests to type something in Q&A that they’d like to leave knowing, and to upvote those items entered that interest them, and explain that when Q&A starts, you’ll go there to answer most popular items.
- RAISING HANDS — Asking your guests to raise their hands is a great way to engage them. You have the capability of lowering all hands also.
How do I get Support Before an Event?
World Event Center Demonstrations are the best way to get your questions answered and experience the platform first hand. They are held weekly to showcase the platform’s features for presenters and event planners alike. If times scheduled don’t work for you, you’re welcome to call 1-800-579-9253 or schedule an appointment with us or contact your Event Facilitator.