How to Use “Six Thinking Hats” Style Thinking on World Event Center
Setup six (6) tables — one for each of the hats:
- The White Hats
- The Yellow Hats
- The Black Hats
- The Red Hats
- The Green Hats
- The Blue Hats
Go to each table and click on whiteboard to create one.
Add the hat colour and a few words to remind people what that colour represents.
IN PRESENTATION MODE
- Introduces the topic to be discussed
- Explain how Dr. Edward de Bono’s “Six Thinking Hats” works
- Instruct guests to sit at tables that are named.
- Ask each table to choose a spokesperson, scribe, timer, and to watch for announcements to change tables.
SWITCH TO CONVERSATION MODE
- Set timer for six (6) sessions so everyone can view in from every viewpoint
- When timer indicates session is over, send an announcement asking everyone at table to move clockwise.
- After 6 sessions are complete participants are asked to take a screenshot and share out by social media with your hashtag (optional) and given a five minute stretch break and encouraged to walk away from their computers.
- Event managers visit each table, copy/paste a screenshot of each onto a powerpoint.
SWITCH TO PRESENTATION MODE
- Event manager displays the first slide of powerpoint presentation with whiteboard on it and invites spokespeople from each table to raise their hands
- Event manager invites spokespeople to stage
- Event manager leads the panel discussion (which is recorded)
- Transcribe video panel discussions, add to powerpoint and share with all participants